Main research areas
- Analysis of the use of sprinkler irrigation systems.
- Research in the field of micro-irrigation systems.
- Development and spatial distribution of sprinkler irrigation in Australia.
- Development and revision of design criteria for pitcher irrigation systems.
Specific research areas
- Composition of fired ceramic materials and effects on saturated hydraulic conductivity.
- Firing temperature and production process of ceramic materials and effects on saturated hydraulic conductivity.
- Variation in saturated hydraulic conductivity in fired ceramic materials.
- Effects of hydraulic conductivity on soil - porous ceramic interaction.
- Effects of crop water usage on seepage rates from porous ceramic containers.
- Crop development in relation to radial distance sub-surface water source under various watering regimes.
- Practical implications on the use of low cost, labour intensive irrigation systems.
- Sematic analysis of water and irrigation related research conducted world wide as a means of targeted and effective research development.
- Crop water requirement and irrigation scheduling.
- Alternative irrigation systems.
- Drought proofing.